I have been using an Apple Mac for more than 20 years.
I use a lot of applications for it on a daily basis, so I have created this site to share my favourite software with other Mac owners or potential buyers.
Please use the spinning Tag Cloud to the right, or the Site map above right on the Navigation Bar to find out about some of the software I recommend.
Applications reviewed on this site include…
- Air Display for iPad: more screen real estate for your Mac
- Alfred: super fast application launching
- Day One diary app for Mac, iPhone and iPad
- Direct Mail: how to send bulk emails on a Mac
- Dragon Dictate: speech recognition from Nuance
- Fetch: file transfer (ftp) software
- Get Lyrical: find lyrics for your iTunes music
- Inpaint: remove objects or people from photos
- Leap: organise your files by ‘tagging’ them
- LittleSnapper: screen capture and annotation
- MacSpeech Scribe: transcribe audio files
- MarsEdit: blog post editor
- Notational Velocity: simple notes program
- QuarkXpress: desktop publishing
- Snapheal: remove objects or people from an image
- Together: snippets manager
- TuneUp: correct song titles etc in your iTunes library
- Typinator: corrects your typing mistakes and more
Plus you’ll discover…
- how to choose a new MacBook
- how to use Doug’s Scripts to find songs without lyrics
- how to create a list of file names from a folder or set of folders.
- a list of all the applications I use every week – and the ones I have abandoned!
- how to disable automatic unzipping when you download a zip file